Stone’s Kona Coffee, Macadamia, Coconut Porter is an interesting brew, folks. Don’t be intimidated by the cost… 12 ounce will run you nearly $8, but it is worth it for the unique way in which there are very distinct flavors at each stage of the tasting experience.
- Nose is coffee… clear, distinct, roasted
- Body is nutty smooth… macadamia kicks in and makes it taste like butta’
- Finish is where you catch the coconut… just a hint, not over the top, but you know it is there
It was really cool to have such clear and present experiences… worth it just for that. If you can find it, you should try it.
Stone’s own words on the bottle, where they thank a bunch of folks… just providing the ones that interest me:
Truly a collaborative beer, I want to thank everyone who went above and beyond to help:
- Our Stone Brewing World Bistro & Gardens overnight team for toasting 1000 lbs of coconut to a perfect golden brown. You all rock!
- Our Stone Brew Crew, especially Tom, Kevin, Chris, and Sean, for all the last minute ingredient preparations (grinding, bagging, and placement in whirlpool) – 700 lbs. of coconut, macadamia nuts, and coffee, wow!
JBB6 Rating: Will Buy Again
[And more continued…]